Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 26 - Life

This little hare stopped by my garden today. Usually they're very shy - so first I snapped a few shots through my window - but surprisingly, he didn't react when I opened it a moment later. He just sat there, calmly, patiently eating the grass. I rarely see animals in our garden, but their tracks can often be seen in the snow during winter.

I got some sad news today. A friend of mine is very ill. She's one of the most wonderful persons I've ever met in my life, and I've come to care for her a lot. I hope, with all my heart, that she will get better.

Life is a fickle thing, things can turn around in a wink, for better or for worse. That's why it's important to treasure every moment, and not to miss any opportunities. Even if it is just opening the window, to snap a picture of a hare.

Cheers dear friends

/MrsHjort

4 comments:

  1. Natalie, I'm sorry that your friend is very ill. This must be so distressing to you especially since you need to support her and probably don't want to fall apart in front of her. So be strong and I'm glad you have such a good husband who I'm sure will be there to help you on your end. One thing to remember, is even with very bad illnesses today so many advanced have been made in so many areas, that chances of getting better are good. I will be sending good thoughts your way.
    As for the rabbit, what a lovely surprise. So freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Having lost my grandmother only recently, I know too well about spending as much time as you can, and treasure, those who you love. On a positive, the rabbit's pretty cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that, my condolences. Life has its ups and downs and losing someone close is just terrible! I hope you are doing ok. My heart goes out to you.

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...