Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 22 - Messages in the Wind

I've learned to value peace and quiet. I really enjoy my walks home from work with only my own thoughts as company, listening to the birds sing and the wind in the trees. It's so nice to breathe the fresh air and to get to enjoy all the pretty things around me. Autumn beauty can be found everywhere. One has to enjoy it while it lasts.

The winter walks are not as pleasant. I've never liked cold, especially the last 4 years, since I've become more sensitive to it, due to an injury. I can always predict bad weather, and especially during winter.

Today was the coldest day yet, it was the first Autumn storm. The temperature wasn't that low, but the strong winds and the humidity enhanced the effect. I even wore gloves toady. Brrrrrr! Winter's coming...

/MrsHjort

7 comments:

  1. I can commiserate as I have problems with cold too. Not the best things for people like us who just happen to live where it is cold for a long period of time each year.
    I like your newest find. It's the sort of thing we wouldn't notice if all the blossoms were open but once only the ghosts are left we actually can still see a flower although in a different form. Ah, photography really does make us look not only outside but in; pretty special!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie. I totally agree, I love that side to photography. It's quite meditative when one thinks about it :)

      Yup, I sometimes wish that I lived someplace warmer, but I soon realize, that despite the cold, the darkness and overall gloom in the winter, I love it here :). Home is where the heart is I guess.

      Delete
    2. I love all the contrasts in this image - sharp flower, soft background; lights and darks, etc. It works!

      Delete
  2. I've heard many stories about old injuries predicting the weather, but mostly in books. I'm now picturing you as the heroine of an adventure story.
    I also enjoy walks home, I feel sorry for those people who just rush by me staring at the floor. They miss things like this photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, cool! Am I the sword bearing or the wand waving kind? ;). I agree with you, the world is filled with beautiful things if you just look for them.

      Delete
  3. It's lovely how even when not in their obvious pretty (blooming) state, you can still find the beauty in everything. It's a lovely thing to be able to do, and I think photographers have this ability more so than some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too - because we're constantly searching for beauty while others have other things on their minds. I've caught myself thinking "in camera angles" more than once, going "oooooh, zoom... and just a tad tilted that way" haha. I guess I've become quite nerdy, but it's fun to look at the world that way.

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...