Sunday, September 21, 2014

Day 21 - Autumn Rain

I was surprised by myself this morning. I looked out the window, saw some gorgeous water drops and could not help myself. I was like a little kid with a bag of candy. I ran up on the second floor to get my camera gear, jumped into my shoes and went outside to shoot the droplets, they were just so beautiful :). I love when that happens, when you just cannot resist and get into that artistic trance, shooting picture after picture with a smile on your face.

I chose this one for today since I want to use the same lens throughout my challenge - I shot with my macro lens today too, but I'll save those for a rainy day (haha). And, this was the most "autumny" of my shots today anyway. The greens are a little bit muted and you can see some brown hidden away in there as well.

Have a nice Sunday my friends :)

/MrsHjort

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful arcs traversing the field of view! Nice dew drops as well. I might have denoised a bit, but otherwise a fine hint of fall in the red-brown blade tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It actually is denoised, it was worse before ;)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful watery jewels, Natalie. I get how you feel as that happens to me where I can't get the smile off my face and many good pictures are taken in a short amount of time. It's like many things come together all at once. I once took shots in a cemetery on a foggy morning that everything was beautiful to me. I came away with so many great shots that day.
    As for the noise in this, I do think it takes away a bit. Are you using Lightroom to get noise out, as you can take away noise, sharpen but also mask out the sharpening so that the soft areas behind stay that way. There is also a stray pixel that could use a dab of the healing brush. I still like it though and I like your work and think you have an excellent eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I used Photoshop. I experimented with the reduce noise filter, but when the noise was "gone", so were the details - so I decided on this version. Maybe I should try Lightroom instead.

      Delete
  3. Lovely feel to this shot, I love your description of taking it, having a smile on your face while working (or playing )is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so so pretty! I love the fact the whole frame is filled up. What a perfect distribution of droplets, can't wait to see some of the macro shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, If you keep an eye out at W1K you just might see some ;)

      Delete
  5. Getting excited about photos is something I think we all need to do every now and then. I know I have been feeling like this during September a little bit, which I'm quite happy about! You've got to keep your passion alive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great for you! I absolutely agree, passion and the thrill of shooting is just the best thing! I hope you keep it going too :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...