Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 17 - Autumn Leaves

The trees are beginning to shift colors for real now. Most of them are still green, but one can't help but to notice the subtle changes - some red here, a little gold there. They were very pretty today as the sun was on its way down. It reminded me of a song by Eva Cassidy...

Today has been a good day. I've gotten a lot of work done and feel well prepared for tomorrow. It's nice to be this far into the challenge too. Though I know I'll miss it when it's over - it's so much fun to see what everybody shoots each day (for those who don't know what I'm talking about, check out the links down to the right, there's some awesome stuff there) and I so enjoy reading everybody's comments. Thank you so much!

/MrsHjort


5 comments:

  1. I went to listen to the song and didn't expect what was to follow. Quite sad; I was on the verge of tears. Very beautiful though. The photo is beautiful too and love that tinge of pink in the clouds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my my favorite Cassidy songs. It's quite sad, as you say, but it's so beautiful and calm at the same time. To me, autumn is like a goodbye - to summer - and I'll be missing those warm sunny days, when I was off work and could do nothing all day, so a little sadness fits right into there in a way. The winters are so long here, as I'm sure they are in Canada too. I already long for the next summer!

      Delete
  2. You got that fading blue and red in the sky as well, so typical for winterdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This feels like a photo that should be at the end - it has a strong sense of ending - not forever - just until tomorrow. It makes me feel a little sleepy :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think you're right, it certainly has that end of the day feeling :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...