Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 15 - Conclusions

Endings, Autumn is full of them...

The season on color is almost finished, but if one looks hard enough, one can still find little splashes of color among the withering flora. Even now, beauty can be found all around, though some little plants are just barely hanging on.

It's nice in a way though, that winter's coming. Winter means less work in the garden. We've already taken care of most of the things we need to do in the autumn - we've re-organized the strawberry plantations, pulled up the last weeds and moved the last bushes. The only thing left is to do is to maintain the lawn and harvest the last herbs. It's a nice satisfying feeling you get when you get things ready.

Speaking of completing things, Mr has just taken on the last big renovating project, so our home is almost ready now. That final wall has been knocked out, and that has made our living room not only larger, but a lot brighter. It will be great when it's done and we'll finally be able to have people over :). No more sawdust everywhere, no more planks laying around and no more dirty boot-prints in the hallway. It's been over a year since we've moved in, during that time we've changed a lot of stuff. It's so nice to finally have the finish line in sight. Just like now...

The End

/MrsHjort

10 comments:

  1. Good capture! I like seeing that tiny little bit of hair? spider web? thread? attached to the pink flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't know what that is, some kind of dainty fiber maybe. I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. That tender pinkish color for the flowers is so springlike it is quite a surprise for a fall shot.
    I read your comment on Worth about feeling bad that you have not had much time to comment. Considering you work, have a garden that you are harvesting, a house that you are renovating, it's almost a miracle that you get a shot up. I'm impressed and have seen several comments of yours on other people's shots and you have even left some kind words on my website. You, my dear, should be congratulated as some people have not even commented once anywhere to even say simple simple like "nice" to encourage others to keep on shooting! So, don't feel bad - you are doing the best you can and I know people appreciate it. No worries :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maggie :). That meant a lot to me. And thank you so much for commenting on my blog every day, I always look forward to reading them. It's so good of you to to that, especially considering that you're not in the challenge yourself. Hats off to you :)

      Delete
  3. Give another job to a busy person and they will always find a way to complete it, and complete it well. You are an example. :) I love the bright colors against the colorless foliage. The life force really pops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol! How very kind of you to say. You really brightened my day today :). And may I say ditto that to you, your shots are AMAZING!

      Delete
  4. I love how everything twirls around in here like in a autumn dance with pink tutu's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's a nice way to describe it :).

      Delete
  5. This is lovely - and being able to see the beauty and colour where many wouldn't, is a wonderful thing to be able to do. Never lose that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this challenge has certainly challenged me to do so, and I'll try to keep that with me :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...