Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 12 - Lingering Guest

Autumn isn't all brown leafs and rain. There are still sunny days and sunny flowers. Actually there are quite a few of them, and even the one of my evergreen plants has begun blooming, and I didn't even know it could!

Sunflowers can often be seen during fall around here, which is why they are still "autumny" to me. I so enjoy the last flowers and I hope I will keep on finding flowers for my calendar photos - I would like them all to be authentic out door shots. If this mild weather keeps up, maybe I'll be able to (knock on wood).

The sun sets later and later in the evenings now. As I write this it has already gone down. The day's are colder too and every morning a mist lingers here in the valley where I live, spreading drops of diamonds on every blade of grass and every sunflower petal.

/MrsHjort

15 comments:

  1. So lovely and warm looking. Makes me want to be there!

    How fun that you have fog in the morning. If you have a chance to capture some of those even if not for your challenge would be wonderful. I love fog and it is rare here and when there is it usually doesn't last long; it may only happen once or twice a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I tried capturing it this morning, from my attic window, before I went to work, but I wasn't happy with the result - I didn't shoot in portrait dimensions as I was so exited by the light that I forgot haha. I'll definitely try again though.

      Delete
  2. I think it is wonderful how our pictures tend to show our moods on the days we take them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree. And my photos here also tend to reflect how I feel when I pick them out, and my ramblings are very often connected to that as well.

      Delete
  3. This was a surprise after yesterday's...when Fall seemed entrenched in your area. This is almost spring-like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i must say i love shooting and watching flower photo's, cant resist to view yours
    when i look to it i see the life smiling.
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm the same. My W1K portfolio is filled with flowers, lately in particular - since my calendar has the floral macro theme :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely composition. The droplets on the petals add to the overall beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you think so. I experimented with a lot of different crops before settling on this one.

      Delete
  6. So bright and shining. Accordint to Rick, you must be feeling great!! Not under the weather any more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm all better now. And yes, that was nice day :)

      Delete
  7. It definitely doesn't shout Autumn to me, but it's lovely that it's amongst everything else - a ray of sunshine through the fog as it were. A nice contrast to the last two images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess the autumn in this is quite subjective from my part, but I've always loved that the sunflowers are among the last ones to go :), plus, they are beautiful when they are wilting too.

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...