Sunday, August 24, 2014

Water Lilly - Summer's Ametrine

This summer Mr and I went back to our own personal paradise - the hotel where we got married six years ago. I can't describe how special that place is to us, and how blissful it is. The garden is beautiful, filled with exotic flowers, the food is delicious and it's calm in a way that is hard to find anywhere else. An ideal holiday spot if you lead a stressful life.

It's a long trip to Thailand, so we don't go there very often, and therefore I tried to savor every moment and convert all of the little details to memory - the sweetness of the humid air, the sound of the wind blowing and the ocean waves crashing in, the intense sunlight and the aromas from the restaurant. If only my mind could take "pictures" like my camera can.

Memory is a fleeting thing, I can remember all off the sensations of our paradise - if I close my eyes - the trouble is that it makes me want to inhale deeply, and as I do, I am stuck cold by the arid Swedish air and the scents of the upcoming autumn.

Speaking of autumn, W1K will do an autumn 30-day challenge in September, and I'm trying hard to think of a theme that is easy enough to fit my busy life, but in the same interesting enough to develop my skills. Any suggestions are welcome!

Oh, and since I've now caught up with August, you'll have to wait a few days for my August shot to compete before you get to see it here. Thus, the calender will now be updated monthly.

See you around, the 30-day challenge starts come September :)

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...