Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Dianthus - April's Pink Spinel

As usual I shot a lot of photos for the April contest. I hadn't planned to use this one - since there were others that I thought would do better, but sometimes the shots don't turn out the way they are supposed to and while my planned shot had too many contrasts in it, this one turned out even better than I thought it would. The mood suited the month perfectly!

April is usually kind of special here in Sweden, weather-wise. One day it's raining hard, the wind is blowing and the temperature is way down low, but the next day it's wonderful and it almost feels like summer. This shot embodies that in my eyes - the flowers are very sweet and make me think of warm spring days whilst the cool color spectra surrounding them turn my thought to those gray rainy days when you only want to stay inside.

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...