Saturday, August 16, 2014

Crocus - March's Amber

Have you ever had one of those days when you shoot hundreds and hundreds of photos until the point when you think that you don't have any energy left? You're tired of adjusting your tripod, bored from waiting (over and over again) for the wind to stop blowing, there seems to be distracting elements everywhere, and you just can't get that photo you were dreaming of, no matter what you do.

I was just about to give up when this little beauty caught my eye. Then came the question; do I have the energy for this? My answer was "no", I had been walking around with my gear all day long, and couldn't wait to get home and sit down with a nice cuppa. But in moments like that my inner "slave-driver" surfaces: "Nahahahaa! You know you'll regret it if you don't", "But I... Oh FINE!".

Strangely, it's often at this point, of almost giving up, that I get the pictures I like the most.

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...