Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 23 - "Cause and Effect"

This has been one of those days when nothing turns out the way you expect, for good or ill...

I had planned to shoot something completely different. You see, I was going to take the train into town, like I usually do, but since the train was cancelled, I had to take the bus instead. Usually, that wouldn't be a problem, but today there was this really jumpy driver that made me grab for things to hold on to all the time. It reminded me of the time when I rode in a car with an acquaintance - who had just gotten her licence - and, just like back then, I became quite carsick. So, because of this chain of events, I didn't feel like walking that extra kilometer, like I had planned, to get my shot. That's why I ended up desperately searching my home for something to shoot and found a lot more stuff that peaked my interest than I thought I would. So, to end this scrappy, rambling, late night story, which is probably quite typo infested and is currently scribbled down by a very tired author, Mr got to choose from my shots today. Can you guess what this is?

Goodnight my dear readers, sleep tight :)

/MrsHjort

11 comments:

  1. Feel better tomorrow!

    And I'd say this looks like some kind of reflection in a car, to show all the clouds in a beautiful sky. Whatever it is, though, it's very pretty and effective with the curve across the diagonal and the bisected colour scheme. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim.

      Nope, this is not something you find outdoors.

      Delete
  2. looks like it could be maybe the rim of some household item, like the edge of a glazed coffee mug or something, but there's nothing wrong with those being outdoors, so I would go with edge of a pot or bowl. Whatever it is, it's another great shot to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you're dead on - it's the edge of a bowl/vase :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooops ! It was accidently removed ! I love a puzzle and this one has been solved. Great curve and the blue and white sure looks like the sky. Another excellent photo to add to your collection.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, me too! I remember one time I sat with Pascal's triangle for hours trying to validate a new pattern I had found and how It worked universally. It was one of those defining moments when I learned a lot in a very short time :). Puzzles can be very stimulating!

      Delete
  4. i guess there is some good things about posting comments very late, someone has done the guessing for me! :-D I love this. It's a true abstract. All about the shape and the color and how it makes me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is a metal coffee mug, not yet filled?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, but you're not far off. It's sort of a mix between a bowl and a vase, but it's not made of metal - it's glazed pottery.

      Delete
  6. Very cool abstract, like Eury said, all about colours and shapes.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...