Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 14 - "Timeless"

I shot a lot of pictures today. I'm feeling better now and had a lot of fun trying to look at things from different angles. It's nice to have a day off too. It feels quite luxurious to be able to do whatever I want on a common Monday :).

If you look at this picture for a while you'll probably notice that something is off. The numbers aren't where they are supposed to be. Sort of just like me - it fits very well today since I'm "off" (work) too haha. By now you've probably noticed my "linguistic-philosophical qualities" :P. I probably have my time at the university to thank for it. At the end of it, my friends and I had developed a very weird sense of humor. I vividly remember that we laughed and laughed about the strange examples we could come up with after a lecture about language and context. Good memories. Doesn't time go by in a blink...

/MrsHjort

11 comments:

  1. This looks like an old clock and I like the way you've taken only a small section of it. It must be a very pretty clock but I wonder why the shadow looks 'rusty'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's the same clock I shot last week, it's really fun to shoot. I don't really know why the shadow turned out that way, maybe because of a combination of things in post-ed, but I liked it, so i kept it that way ;)

      Delete
  2. Great viewpoint MrsH and very well composed too.

    Btw, I enjoy reading your write-ups too, your command of the English language is as good as that of your camera, great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, how kind of you to say! That really made my day, I'll endeavor to continue doing my very best :)

      Delete
  3. So, you turned the clock upside down? So the numbers are not right? Looks a great outcome though. The shadow looks lovely and wonky to add interest.

    (And your English is awesome! Sooo much better than my non-existent Dutch!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I didn't know you were Dutch :). How cool! Where we come from can have such an impact on our lives. I've always been very proud of my Swedish American heritage. It's enriching to be able to celebrate more than one culture :)

      Delete
    2. And now I feel very silly, because I am not Dutch at all, but I really thought you were! I am terribly confused, obviously. OK, then I should change my comment to say that your English is awesome, and much better than my non-existent Swedish! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Took me a few to realize why something seemed off. LOL

    Lovely lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me it seems just rotated a bit, perhaps you climbed a chair to get this view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the shadow on this one.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...